Singing in Italy with Stuart Davis, 2018
WHEN: 1-12th September, 2018
WHERE: Tuscany, Italy
COST: Early Bird: AUD$3950 + €300 After December 30th '17: AUD $4250 +€300 Book Now
" The only thing better than singing is more singing. " - Ella Fitzgerald
Join us for 12 days of "La Dolce Vita" in Italy. We will be staying 7 nights in one of the best eco-turismo resorts near the city of Siena in charming restored 18th century villas and 4 nights in a beautiful monastery in Florence.
- Rehearsals every day with Stuart Davis - form an instant choir - sing wherever we go.
- Rehearsals and singing with Edoardo Materassi (from Florence) and his choirs in Florence and villages in Tuscany
- Dine on delicious italian food (catering for all diets) in a classic Tuscan setting
- Visit a famous local vineyard in Montalcino. Get a taste of the famous Brunello wines in this district or Grappa if you're feeling so inclined.
- Swim in one of the two glorious pools on the property of Montestigliano
- Pizza, Pizzica and Populalma in the Piazza of Montestigliano
- Visit Siena - flashmob in the famous Piazza del Campo
- Karaoke 'Italian' style with our host Damiano Donati at Montestigliano and dance like no-one is watching!
- Explore the medieval Cyprus tree lined roads through the forest around Montestigliano
- Concert with local choirs in Florence
- Visit the ancient San Miniato al Monte to hear gregorian chants by the monks and follow it with aperitivo in the Piazza Michelangelo overlooking Florence at sunset.
- Flash mob in Florence - outside the Duomo and other iconic places around the city.
- Hear some of the brilliant musicians and singers always busking in the streets of Florence
- Learn a little basic Italian with gesticulation
- Take an option of an Italian traditional cooking class while in Florence
For more information on Stuart Davis go to his site >> Stuart Davis
" Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. " - Miriam Beard
Some pictures taken at Montestigliano in 2017 of Edoardo directing, Populalma girls dancing the Tarantella at our Pizza & Pizzica night in the Piazza plus more of the stunning Montestigliano estate >
This event is suitable for shower singers to stage performers. Singers who love to travel and immerse themselves with the locals and their culture!
Other Events with Stuart Davis
Tell A Friend
Tell a Friend
You will share 'your' allotted villa with our singing community. Each villa is different but all are comfortable and full of character with added touches of modern day convenience.
Your second week will be spent in a wonderful monastery in Florence
Comfortable Rooms - Twin or Double
Single rooms (supplement applies)
Single supplement $850
ABOUT THE MONTESTIGLIANO ESTATE - THE ACCOMMODATION
A group of 18th century villas that are typical to Tuscan countryside have been carefully restored, retaining many of the original features common to Tuscan architecture. The houses are simple and no two are alike, each has its own charm and character. They have been tastefully furnished and decorated and are self-contained and fully equipped.
All houses have internet wi-fi connection (a little weak but good for checking emails occasionally).
There is a games room for pool players and a choice of two swimming pools to choose from.
We take over several villas on the property and share the magnificent piazza with other guests from around the world for outside late summer dining for lunch and dinner.
There is a choice of twin and double rooms. We do not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone. We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender and if we can not match you up we will provide a single room at no extra charge if there any available (we only have 2 rooms). If you would like a guarantee of a single room a single supplement is payable.
MONTESTIGLIANO - THE PROPERTY
The agricultural estate of Montestigliano has 2,475 acres of land of which 1,732 acres is forest mostly found on the back hill of the estate. With cypress avenues, holm oak and cork oaks, you can enjoy long and cool walks ending up with a refreshing swim in the river Merse.
In the hills of Montestigliano the Donati family farm olives (3,000 olive trees) with beautiful and terraces lined with ancient dry stone walls that also include delicious fig trees. The olive oil produced on the property is very prestigious D.O.P. (mark guaranteeing the quality of olive oil) “Terra di Siena”.
The farmed land on the plain, consists of wheat, barley, sunflowers, colza and maize, which is continually rotated on approximately 742 acres of land.
The property is ecologically friendly with solar panels and has it’s own water purification plant. The latest eco project is the production of bio-gas for renewable energies (ZERO C02 Emission) using selected crops, maize, grain, sorghum and tricale.
For more information about the property refer to the Montestigliano book in your villa!
Edoardo Materassi and his assistant, Sabrina de Luca take us through some body and mind warm ups
Damiano sings 'Volare' - After dinner fun and Karaoke at Montestigliano
Gregorian choir perform for us in San Pietro, Siena
Stuart and a group in Cuba
NSW Arts Unit School Project - Stuart directs
- 12 days singing workshop with Stuart Davis and local singers
- 7 nights accommodation at Montestigliano
- 1 Day tour of Tuscany incl. hear exquisite chanting of monks
- 1 afternoon and evening in Siena (busking and exploring and eating)
- 4 nights accommodation in a monastery in Florence
- 12 breakfasts
- 5 lunches at Montestigliano
- 4 dinners (inc. special dinner) at Montestigliano
- Transfers from Siena to Montestigliano and to Florence
- Tour during the week to a village and winery.
- Transport to Siena for an afternoon and evening
What's NOT included
- Return airfares or transport to our meeting place in Siena
- Travel insurance. NOTE that travel insurance is essential.
We require a 20% deposit at time of booking to secure your place.